Affordable Dress Options




Hi Hi! I was planning on a different topic this week but life happens and things change. Things change as in, what will I wear to this bridal shower/need some spring freshness change. 😊 And honestly, I wouldn't have looked at Old Navy if not for my sister-in-law mentioning them and sharing some of her good finds. As of 7 years ago, I had a hard time finding items that fit me well so I wrote them off. Obviously styles and quality change and I am glad I ventured onto their site. I am extremely satisfied with my new dress purchases for a variety of reasons: fit, comfort, and best of all, price!  If in the need of a few new dress options for spring/summer, check out oldnavy.gap.com.  Below are pictures/links to the few specific dresses I purchased and am loving!

Waist-Defined Flutter-Sleeve Midi for Women

Waist-defined Flutter Sleeve Midi for Women


A fun spring time dress. Comes in black or white.  A great option for Easter (especially in white). I still have a hard time venturing into the white option for fear of messing it up with food, period days, etc. For all those who have no problem with white, more power to you and please share how you maintain! FYI - this does have an elastic band at the waist, so if you have a hard time with elastic bands (I can't always wear, depending on my mood, how I feel), take this into consideration. This is light and "flowy" so it is a great spring and summer dress, especially when the hotter months roll around.


Moving on to business casual, work options.

Ponte-Knit Flutter-Sleeve Sheath Dress for Women

Ponte-Knit Flutter Sleeve Sheath Dress

 A wonderful work piece in my opinion or weekend brunch option (thanks Holly!). If you checked out my IG stories  (@jessitupordown, also saved under "dresses" highlights),  I noted that though it is ponte-knit, it is not super heavy. It is quality material (feels as though it will hold up well, 88% cotton (score)), and super soft. "Body skimming" according to Old Navy which is great, because gives some shape but not super clingy. Comes in a pretty green and soft yellow-and-white stripe as well, for those looking for brighter color options. Back Zipper.

Sleeveless Ponte-Knit Sheath Dress for Women

Sleeveless Ponte-Knit Sheath Dress


Last of my purchases, the sleeveless ponte-knit sheath dress. I purchased in black as I am naturally drawn to a classic black dress. If you hover over the picture and select, you will see they offer the blue-violet (above), teal, and black-and-white stripe option as well. Again, another ponte-knit sheath dress, similar fit to the flutter sleeve dress as in not too clingy but still gives a nice shape and again, has a back zipper. 

Hope this helps you with some new dress ideas. Also, if you have a friend who is a similar size, consider suggesting a dress swap/exchange if you want to save some money but would like some new variety. 

That's all for now. Please feel free to comment and share any ideas you have. Thanks for reading!

❤ Jess

Comments

Popular Posts